Saturday, September 5, 2009

Filling Time

After finishing other projects, one always has leftover pieces of felt, the trims are all spread out, the yarns and threads are right there on top. Why not just make something else with what's there?
As for filling time, well, I really should have been working on swaps for Silver Bella, but until the idea becomes clear for me for my last swap, I end up procrastinating.
A wee scissors case--in the same felted sweater pieces, but covered with embroidered cotton, lots of seed beads, baguettes, bits of lace, and sequins.
I just drew a pencil line around the scissors, enlarged it a bit, and cut it out.
The next one will be tweaked a bit--the little top part will be enlarged enough to fold over and fasten on the button--which will have to be moved up. That will keep the scissors from falling out in the sewing box.

Carol

4 comments:

  1. Oh what a beautiful project for a Saturday! This is toooo cute! I love all of the little details and bling!!! I'm sure all of the Bellas will be oooohing and aaaaaahing when they see you pull your scissors out of that cute little pouch!!!!
    Have a wonderful Labor Day weekend & I'll see you in November~
    everything vintage

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that is one pretty scissor case! Did it take you long? It looks very intricate!

    Have a great weekend :-)

    Rose XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful and with such fine detail work...bravo. May I list your blog on mine...it has such eye candy and is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely!, I love beautiful and useful items!

    ReplyDelete